For most people, having a whiter skin means being more attractive, sexier, and healthier. Many people strive to achieve brighter and healthier skin. If you’re not blessed with a lighter complexion, it’s a challenge to work hard to have one through the help of nature, scientifically proven lightening products, or even injections or oral medicines. If it’s about beauty, the market always has something to offer because people will definitely look for something to help them beat the challenge. As the demand increases, the supplies become more widely available.
Exposure to extreme heat and sunlight, pollution, lifestyle, health condition, choice of products, and stress are reasons for an unhealthy, dull, and darkening skin. Transforming it to a healthier and lighter skin is never easy. One should find the perfect match for their skin type, skin condition, and needs that would lead to the best results.
Here are the options how to whiten skin:
1. Through healthy lifestyle
· Regular cleansing and exfoliation. Before whitening the skin, it should be cleansed first. The basic beauty regimen is to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize. By exfoliating, skin dirt is removed and through the use of a moisturizer that matches your skin type, skin will be hydrated and will become healthier. When it’s healthy, the skin is prepared to rejuvenate and reveal new lighter skin.
· Healthy diet and more water intake. Eat fruits and vegetables and a balanced diet containing vitamins and nutrients needed by the skin. Make sure to take 8 glasses of water a day. Water speeds up the revelation of new skin replacing the pigmented and unhealthy skin.
· Stop smoking. Smoking can prevent blood from flowing smoothly to the face causing it to become grey-looking.
· Wearing sunscreen every day. Direct sun exposure is not healthy for the skin. It may lead to sunburn or worse case scenario, skin cancer. It can darken the skin and damage healthy skin cells.
2. Natural remedies
· Lemons. Drink it or rub it on your face. You can also use cotton balls dipped in lemon juice before applying it on your face.
· Honey. A natural bleaching and moisturizing agent. One reason for uneven skin tone is dry skin. Through the help of this natural moisturizing agent, skin tone will get even and lighter.
· Aloe Vera Gel. Alleviates hyperpigmentation which is another cause for uneven skin tone. It restores skin color making it more glowing and brighter.
· Turmeric. Builds melanin production, making the skin tone even. Also a good antioxidant and antiseptic for the overall health of the skin.
· Raw Potato. Believed to have mild bleaching properties. It is rich in Vitamin C which is used as a lightening ingredient.
· Papaya. This is one of the most prominent whitening ingredients of whitening soaps in the market. Natural papaya can be used to tighten and brighten the skin. It is rich in Vitamins A, E, and C.
3. Using chemically-tested products and skin treatments
· Lightening cream. Whitening products are abundant in the market. The main function of whitening cream is to reduce melanin, the pigment causing tanning and sun spots on face. Compositions of whitening products are Kojic Acid, Vitamin C, Glycolic Acid and Arbutin. Directions on how to use lightening creams should be strictly followed.
· Peeling. It burns away the top layers of the skin, which are usually discolored revealing the new lighter skin. It should be followed by a series of peeling. Make sure not to use other chemical based cream after the session.
· Oral or injectibles. Glutathione is a popular whitening agent in the market.
There are hundreds of ways to achieve the whiter skin you’ve been dreaming of. It takes a lot of patience and perseverance to achieve one. Getting the best solution and combination of the practices mentioned above can help your skin recover and rejuvenate faster. Good luck on your journey to a whiter, more beautiful skin!
For more information about our skin whitening products in the Philippines, feel free to check out our online shop.
Image courtesy of Peter Jaena on Flickr.