If there would be a list of the most common problems every women experience in their personal hygiene, dark underarm must have been on top of the list. The saddest part about dark underarms is suddenly having it at a certain stage of life, usually during the age of puberty and the condition gets worse as you age. It can even last a lifetime if not given an effective remedy. It seems normal and natural but in fact, it is not. There are reasons why people, especially women, experience having dark underarms. For instance, too much shaving as it removes the outermost layer of the skin and causes abrasion and sometimes swelling. Other reasons are the use of harmful deodorants, not exfoliating regularly, obesity, and accumulation of dead skin cells due to poor hygiene. Even the friction between the underarms and clothes can irritate and darken the skin. In the Philippines, the hot weather condition contributes to excessive underarm sweating that causes the area to grow bacteria and this results to odor and darkening of the skin.
Aside from the natural remedies and proper hygiene, the use of deodorant is the most widely used remedy to whiten dark underarms. However, not all deodorants are safe and effective. Here are some tips in choosing the best underarm whitening deodorant in the Philippines:
1. It is formulated with natural ingredients. Having the natural way is always the safest. Among the healthy ingredients in a deodorant formula is the Alpha Arbutin, a plant-derived skin whitening ingredient that lightens dark underarms by reducing the melanin level of the skin. It also keeps the stability of the skin. Other natural ingredients are the extract from Sugar-Beet that enhances skin’s radiance; Spent Grain Wax, Shea Butter Extract, and Argan Oil to help soothe inflamed skin.
2. It prevents excessive sweating. Sweating is the number one problem in tropical countries like the Philippines. By visibly minimizing underarm pores, sweating is controlled. Some deodorants are self-declaring that they prevent excessive sweating. The only way to see if it’s real is to try it yourself. There’s no harm in trying, just make sure that all natural ingredients are present in the list.
3. It moisturizes the skin. Moisturizers help lessen skin dryness and keep the skin hydrated and healthy. A moisturized skin is a healthy skin. When you have a dry skin, it tends to get itchy; and when scratched, it slowly starts to darken.
4. It should be hypoallergenic. It simply means that the deodorant is tested for allergies and friendly to sensitive skin. Indeed, you don’t want your skin to develop redness caused by an allergic reaction from a chemical.
5. It should be alcohol-free. Alcohol dries up the skin causing irritation, inflammation and burning sensation, which then leads to skin darkening. Some deodorants are water-based.
Want to know more about skin whitening? Read What to Expect When Using Underarm Whitening Deodorant?
Having dark underarms can be very embarrassing. It limits your movement and your clothing options, not unless you want to expose those dark underarms. Aside from this, dark underarms are also an indication of your health. It is a must to resolve these dark issues as soon as possible by choosing the best and healthiest deodorant for you. Just like the other areas of your skin, your underarm needs utmost care and protection that can only be achieved through the help of natural remedies and safe-to-use deodorants.Choose only the best deodorant for your underarm. Choose Opulence Fresh and White Deodorant by Opulence Skin. Try it now!